Friday, May 30, 2014

A Photo for Him


I am a terrible selfie taker, I never do it and feel very uncomfortable with the whole idea of it. But my husband has ask me to try and send him more photos of my day, This one he seemed to like so much it is now printed and framed on his desk at work, along with these photos.....




This is something my sister-n-law had suggested to me just yesterday, but something that my husband had ask for before I had a chance to do it on my own. I am sure he has other reasons for wanting the photos but the whole issue of him wanting photos stems from the fact that he recently came to me and said that he realized that unless someone pressed him for information or unless it was a co-worker that he spends time with outside of work, most of the coworkers that he talks to at work has no idea that he is married.  Neither of us are wearing wedding rings at the moment, I refuse to touch mine as I feel they were given to me under false pretenses and certainly meant nothing to him during the 7 years we have been married. I am insistent that those rings will never again touch my hand. If he wants me to be his wife and to wear a ring he will earn the right to place a new, designed by us, ring on my finder at some point, but today, for now we both have chosen to not wear a ring.  So I suppose in a effort to remind him of his family and a desire on his part to make it known that he is married he as placed these photos on his desk. 

I think it is a step in the right direction, but not anything that will sway me on my non ring wearing decision. It will take him some time to earn the right to put a real ring on my finger.  


On another note, tomorrow is my mother's memorial. I find it sad that I don't really want to go. I keep thinking I have been so blindsided by so many things in the past couple of months that I would be better off spending the day catching up laundry and cleaning house.  I can honestly say my reluctance has nothing to do with my relationship with my mother, she is not there and nothing can be done about that now.  But some of my family can be a bit difficult to deal with and I simply don't want to deal with them. 

However, my brothers need the support and my daughter wants to meet her uncles so we will be going.  Let's just hope I leave there without having to tell anyone off.